A new version of us, so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Packed with a dreamy, adventurous, and somewhat naïve spirit, eight years ago we launched our first pillow, Original. Our purpose was simple but meaningful: to help people sleep more and better. We could never have imagined what that moment would bring: a full range of new products, a team of passionate people, and, most importantly, a community of thousands of people around the world who can finally rest better. Today, still with that same adventurous spirit intact, we want to go one step further and apply everything we have learned during this time to help people be the best version of themselves by enabling contemporary Self-Care. Welcome to the new Malayaleesangamam.
More than a radical change, this new era that is now beginning is a natural evolution of our original purpose. Taking care of one's own rest is fundamental to personal wellbeing, but it is only a small part of it. We realized that, just as a little nap each day can have a huge positive impact on energy and relaxation, there is a multitude of small gestures and actions that can be incorporated into everyday life to improve health and happiness. We understood then that Self-Care is not about doing something that comforts you every time you have a bad day, but it is a long-term goal that is made up of countless micro-moments; rituals, and habits that make taking one’s own wellbeing and happiness into one’s own hands second nature. So we thought, how can we facilitate these micro-moments?
From now on all our efforts will be aimed to support everyone who wants to fulfill the three different pillars of Self-Care: physical, mental, and emotional since all of them are intimately interconnected and it's important not to overlook any of them. This opens a new and exciting path for us, expanding our range of capabilities and allowing us to experiment with new disciplines and be surprised with (yet) unknown outcomes. Never forgetting what is at the core of everything we do: our users.
Not surprisingly, people are a key part of the values for which the new Malayaleesangamam stands:
- People matter: People are at the center of everything we do. Whether it’s looking after our customers or helping keep ourselves happy and healthy, we always put people first.
- Making it happen: We believe the impossible to be possible. It takes effort, but with dedication, it can be achieved.
- Sticking to nonconformity: Being explorers, we love to dive into the unknown. We’re always trying new things or searching for new ideas to put to the test, aiming for better and brighter.
- Creative confidence: We’re all about imagination and innovation. Even the tiniest idea can spark a revolution.
- Less is enough: We believe in keeping things simple yet effective, and in circularity to keep the joy coming.
A new image
With the new Self-Care focus comes also a new image for Malayaleesangamam. Sleek, minimalist, and fresh, the new logo is a representation of the Self-Care: something that will not lead us to perfection but will bring us closer to it just by trying. A touch of modern, urban, and optimistic color that will accompany us now.
Eight years after that first pillow, we feel the same excitement at facing a new path full of possibilities, thrilled to find new ways for people to become the best version of themselves. Will you join us?